Monday, September 15, 2008

Blueberry Picking

As you know from the previous post, I was in the great state of Washington this past weekend. And while I was there, I picked blueberries. Picking blueberries. Now, that was relaxing. I liked it a lot. Maybe that sounds weird. Picking blueberries made me think about how sometimes mindless labor-type tasks are so rejuvenating. Pick and talk. Talk and pick. Mindless work needs to be done. Sometimes I actually like doing it. I always like doing it if I have a group of friends or family members with whom to do it. Then it's like a long, rejuvenating break from life. You know, kind of like "A Spoonful of Sugar helps the medicine go down, in the most delightful way." Thanks, Mary Poppins. So, I figure I did pick my share of blueberries. I probably picked a little more than I ate the day before. And yes, they were scrum-didilie-umptous!

No comments: