Friday, September 26, 2008

Don't Look!

Now you'll read this for sure, right? Because if you really don't want someone to look, you never say "Don't Look!" This was a fact of life that was learned in the 7th grade locker room. Anytime anyone said those magic words, everyone's heads whipped around to see what someone didn't want them to see.

Today I was reminded of the "don't look" concept. Except for me, today was one of those days that I just wish I hadn't looked in the mirror. Then I would be oblivious to the fact that I really do look terrible. Obviously not looking wouldn't change the fact that I still look exhausted and messy, but at least I wouldn't know quite how exhausted and messy I look. Oh Naivety! What a glorious thing. But I looked and now am no longer naive to the utter disarray of my appearance.

No comments: